Go Car Free
Save money, save gas & bring your bike!
Take The Wave bus from Portland, Salem and Corvallis. Travel north and south on Highway 101. Manzanita is a walkable town, right on the beach.
The Wave Bus – Tillamook Transportation District
Direct to Tillamook, and then up and down Highway 101, with stops between Cannon Beach and Lincoln City. Check out the interactive map from NW Connector.
View the schedule from Portland; catch the bus at the Union Train Station.
Plan your car-free trip:
- Adult fares: $15 one way; $20 round trip.
- First child (ages 0-4) ride free.
- Additional child (ages 0-4) half-fare
- Children (ages 5-11) half-fare
Caring for our Coast
A legacy of environmental stewardship is what it means to be an Oregonian.
On the Tillamook Coast, we’ve cared for our forests, farmlands, beaches and waterways for generations. It’s in our DNA, and we bet it’s in yours, too.
We welcome your visit, and we hope you’ll become a temporary local while here. Take part in activities that help you get to know our culture. Go on science hikes, learn about nature preserves and marine reserves, visit a farm or a commercial fishing dock, stop by a fish hatchery and find out what we’re doing to save wild salmon. Or take a guided kayak tour and hear about the efforts to protect our bays and rivers. You might even pitch in as a volunteer on a beach cleanup.
While visiting, help us care for our coast. Please place trash in garbage cans, pick up after your pet, stay on trails, respect private property, follow beach fire rules (extinguish fires with water), and never turn your back on the ocean (sneaker waves and rip currents happen occasionally).
We want you to stay safe, have fun, create wonderful memories, and visit us again.
Take the Tillamook Coast Pledge
While visiting our coast, we ask you to consider taking our pledge of Caring for Our Coast. Download it, keep it in your backpack, and feel free to remind others to take the Pledge along with you.
- I promise to be respectful of people and safety when enjoying the Tillamook Coast’s forests, farmlands and beaches.
- I will make my own memories, but not my own trails.
- I will be responsible with fire on the beaches, in campgrounds, and any other designated fire areas.
- I will heed cautionary signage. If it says “Do not go past this point!” – I won’t. Double pinkie promise on this one.
- I will enjoy the slower pace of beach life.
- If I cannot find a parking spot, I will not invent my own. Same goes for restrooms.
- When playing at the beach, I will be mindful of sneaker waves and logs. I will NEVER turn my back on the ocean. Ever.
- I will PACK IN reusable containers and PACK OUT all of my trash.
- I will respect wildlife by managing my own pet(s), and not disturb any native plants or animals.
- I will use my turn signal often, my car horn seldom, and my middle finger never.
- I pledge to always care for our coast.