Everyone can enjoy the sand
We want everyone to enjoy access to our beautiful beaches. In partnership with Tillamook Coast Visitors Association, we offer beach wheelchairs for those with limited mobility.
- Stop by the Visitors Center during regular business hours
- There are two beach wheelchairs available for use
- Fill out a reservation form (this will require a driver’s license or similar ID)
- Use is limited to three hours
- No fee to use them
- We do not take reservations and operate on a first-come-first-serve basis
Electric wheelchairs available through David's Chair
Manzanita is happy to partner with David’s Chair, a non-profit organization who allows people with mobility challenges to borrow their electric all-terrain track chairs for free!
All reservations must be made through Davidschair.org
Things to note
- One person will be needed to push the chair for non-electric Chairs
- Please be aware of the tide level or any weather alerts in the area during the time of use
- Bundle up! Make sure to wear layered clothing or bring a blanket for the person using the chair
- Keep the chair out of the water
- Do not wash the chair yourself. We have a process for this.